Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eric the Red

Eric the Red

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:47 PM

Hello everybody,

I guess that it is time that I finally got round to introducing myself. I am the Information Systems Security Officer for a large private sector organisation in the UK. Outside of work I take a particular interest in battling malware and a few years ago I was honoured to be made a Moderator at the Lavasoft Support Forums. I am also a member of the UK working group of an International information security organisation.

Outside of work my interests include driving Land Rovers through impossible terrain and a quest to taste every beer produced by UK independent brewers - however, I try not to do both at the same time! :thumbsup:
"The time to start running is around about the "e" in "Hey, you!" "

Member Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals Since 2004

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

I liken your discovery of bleepingcomputer.com
to that of your namesake's early ventures to the New World, Eric_the_Red.
Ya' don't even need the four-wheel drive to get here!
Thanks for stopping in,
and we hope you can aid in our stuggles more often.

Your malware fightin' spirit is valuable
and needed as users everywhere
battle the annoyances and
more online.

Just understanding basic operation(s) of Windows operating system(s) can be daunting.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

:thumbsup:
Feel free to share your knowledge anytime. If you want to be on the HJT team and help out please PM the admin Grinler!
See you around!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

Welcome to BC!
I hope you will be a regular contributor to the forums, where members share their knowledge or seek help with problems or questions. As many members here use Lavasoft applications, it would be nice to have an expert who can help.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users