Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet In The Philippines

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John in Oman

John in Oman

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:26 AM

I do not know if I am in the right sector for this question if it is question at all for this Forum.

Anyway in a few months time I shall be moving to the Philippines and from the experience I have had on my visits there it is apparent that you have to be in the 'right place' to get any kind of good internet connection, especially broadband, DSL or whatever.

Does anyone know of a server who provides international internet connection other than the two main ones there Global and Smart? It seems you have to have an internet cafe to be able to get the higher speeds. Surely there is something though out there you can subscribe to and I am hoping some kind person will point me in the right direction?

Thanks in anticipation.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 23 January 2008 - 01:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

I'm no expert on Philipine Internet but I found a listing of providers. I hope this at least helps you along.

Internet Service Providers (ISPs) > Philippines
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hi John,

I can't get to this right away, but once I can find it, I'll PM you with the email addy of a friend in the Philippines who makes his living on the internet. He'll surely be able to point you in the right direction. If you don't hear from me in a few days, please send me a reminder PM.

ETA: Actually, he makes his living from the internet, in that he's a computer consultant, web host, and all-around internet entrepreneur. About the only thing I'd guess he doesn't do is function as an ISP.

Edited by Dialer, 23 January 2008 - 01:50 PM.

#4 John in Oman

John in Oman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:57 PM

Thank you both very much and looking forward to hearing from you Dialer.
Best regards.
John

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

Sure thing, John. But I really might need that reminder! :thumbsup:

#6 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Heh - just found it. I'll PM you shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users