Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling The Wacom Driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wish2learn

wish2learn

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Anybody?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

If you go to the device manager locate the entry that you wish to inspect; double click it and select uninstal driver from the options available.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

I have been through every driver listed under Device Manager in the hopes of finding something connected to 'Wacom', but no go. It would be impossible for me to guess which of these might be the right one to uninstall.
In desperation I attempted to install the Intuos3 in the hope that perhaps the other driver was somehow piggy-backing on something else, but the disc immediately picked up that there was another driver and instructed me to uninstall it. Only 'IT" is invisible.

What to do, what to do?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

I guess that I don't understand the problem...what exactly are you trying to do and why?

Where is the Wacom tablet reflected...as a printer or what? If it's a printer, then you just delete it in the printer section. If it's as some other device, it's in Device Manager with an obvious classification.

Louis

#5 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:32 PM

I guess that I don't understand the problem...what exactly are you trying to do and why?

Where is the Wacom tablet reflected...as a printer or what? If it's a printer, then you just delete it in the printer section. If it's as some other device, it's in Device Manager with an obvious classification.

Louis

Sorry I have not been clear enough, I am simply trying to install my new Wacom tablet. This I cannot to until the previous driver is unintalled. The existing Wacom tablet is listed under my programs, but no uninstall feature or driver is listed anywhere. When I go uninstall via Windows Add & Remove, or CCleaner for example I get a window which says 'driver cannot be found'.

Unless I identify, locate and uninstall this driver, I cannot proceed. What is most puzzling is that the new software knows its there and tells me to first remove it, but NOWHERE is there listed a 'wacom driver' and so how shall I know which to manually uninstall?

#6 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

The Wacom driver is listed under Windows Add & Remove programs. But when I click 'remove' the Remove Programs window just hangs without doing anything. I opened the Task Manager to view the applications running and saw that the 'remove programs' application is 'not responding'.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?
Sorry, I just dont understand.

Edited by wish2learn, 23 January 2008 - 02:56 PM.

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

Try reinstalling the old one and then search for it's file and see if there's an uninstall folder or go to Start>All Programs and hover the mouse over the program and see if there's an uninstall option there. Once removed, download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Open it and check anything that has to do with wacom. Then try your new one
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users