Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recurring Stop Screen Installingxp Pro On New System

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 seamus24

seamus24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

I keep getting a stop screen while installing XP Pro at the, setup is starting windows, point. Here's the system info. MSI P4M900M2-L motherboard,
Intel Celeron D 356 CPU, 1GB DDR2 PC4200 533mhz. Here's the tech info from the error msg.
STOP: OxOOOOOO7E (Ox0000005,OxF75AAOBF,OxF79F6208,OxF79F5FO8)
pci.sys - AddressF75AAOBF base at F75A3000, Datestamp 3b7d855c
I disabled BIOS caching to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

You might want to try to swap you RAM to another slot or even better try another RAM. It might solve your problem. If I'm not mistaken you wont get the same error always during installation right? Give it a try.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:38 AM

Microsoft has this article if you have trouble sleeping. What RAM modules are you using?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 seamus24

seamus24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

I tried switching the Ram slot and using new Ram. Exact same error msg. Also tried wiping the hard drive... same result. The referenced Microsoft article pertains to device and / or driver conflicts, with advice such as "use F8 to enter Safe Mode to disable devices and / or remove unsigned drivers" which is of NO help as I can't install the OS. As for the BIOS, MSI only offers a live update..... again NO use.
I'm open to any ideas.
Thanks, seamus24

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:12 AM

The reason that I asked about the RAM is that it sounds like it may not be compatible. Just to make sure that this isn't an issue please the RAM that you are using, the new and old.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

What version of XPPro are you installing? SP1 or SP2?

There's a bunch of good info at the links listed here: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7e
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users