Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

i am having problems with something called outerinfo. the icon is on the bottom right hand side of the screen in the start up box(?) it is allowing pop ups to pop up online and offline. i tried going in and deleting it using add/remove programs, but that didnt work so I tried using start up inspector and that didnt work. when i was using start up inspector a message poped up that said something like cannot erase outerinfo from startup menu.

does anyone have any ideas that could help me erase outerinfo from my computer?

-Thank you for your time :thumbsup:

ok i ran drwebcureit and it removed 13 viruses. i dont have the outerinfo icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen now, but i do have an icon with two green and red circles. if i place the cursor over the icon it says security warning:your computer may be infected with harmful or unwanted software. i dont even want to click on it because i think that then i will end up with more problems.....

ok now i am having more problems. i cant use ie. i type in bleeping computer and i get taken to a shopping site. a while ago when i had this problem i was able to type the address in the top search bar and i could get around the adds and pop ups, but now i cant. i was able to get to bleepingcomputer.com right now because i am using fire fox....

does anyone know what i should do?

-thanks again

Edited by sharpie, 23 January 2008 - 03:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:01 AM

You need help getting rid of Outerinfo. It is classified as Spyware/Malware. I would recommend you download HijackThis from HERE.

Run the program and allow it to install. The run a scan and save a logfile. Post that logfile in the Malware forum, HERE.

Good luck. I'm certain someone there can help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users