Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Remove Nero 7.0

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cmiani2002

cmiani2002

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

Hello,
I have been trying to remove Nero7 from my computer to install the newer version, nero8.
I run into a problem, and i probably made it worst.
I tried to unuinstall by using the Window Add/Remove Programs function and i got the following message: "Error applying transfors. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid"

So what did I do? I manually erased the whole Nero folder directly from the disk, then used CCleaner to remove whatever was left of Nero7 in the registry.

I then tried to install the new version, but it keeps tellingme that a previous version is still installed and needs to be removed before it proceeds.
The installer even ofers to remove the old version, but I keep getting the same messsage error about the transform paths.

What else can I do??

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

Hmm...there might be some more clinging on your registery lines or even services. What you can try is to get a good Uninstaller programme that can remove improperly removed softwares. One is Uninstallter 2007. It might be helpful. Good luck. It is too risky to have you editing the registry line and removing everything regarding Nero. So keep your fingers cross. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninsta...ol-Bundle.shtml

Louis

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

I thought one should not clean the registry entry for a particular application if you intend to re-install the same application or another version of it, or am I wrong?

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

Yes :thumbsup:.

Just think about it.

When a program installs, it has all the file relationships it needs to function...coded in. It will create, in conjunction with the O/S, all the files and reg entries it needs to function.

Why should it need any of that carried over from a previous effort, especially when those prior files may be older, corrupt, etc.?

This is why when a given program has a problem, the easiest/smartest thing to do is...just uninstall it and reinstall it (with a new set of files/relationships).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users