Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Arrgh, Ie7 Issues.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mahou

Mahou

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

Every so often, IE will stop opening tabs (leaving them saying "Connecting...", it'll jump to it and freeze the entire computer, requiring a forced power-off) or opening a new tab without some toolbars (like right now it won't display my SiteAdvisor toolbar, Norton toolbar or status bar) and disabling right-click on any area on the entire computer except the area just below the typing space (which, upon right-clicking, says the previously mentioned toolars are selected), why? What can I do? Has anyone experienced this before? By the way, I'm using Vista Home Premium (sadly) and I would switch but my toolbars will not work on anything except IE (and Firefox somewhat for two of them, even then they do not function fully). Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

Could you please post a screenshot showing your toolbars, and maybe your IE7 addons via the Tools menu.
I'm interested to see what toolbars we're actually talking about.
Also, if these toolsbars were meant to interect with a specific version of Windows they may casue this.

Oddly enough it sounds like you're describing a virus.

For that reason please open the start menu,
type "event viewer: in the search dialogue box and click on event viewer.
open the windows logs and select Applications.

Select the topmost event, and hold the shift key.
then click the last event in the list.
This selects all the events..

Click "Save Selected events" on the right and save the file to your
desktop as a Tab Delimited Text file, and give it an appropriate name.

Then upload the file here for analasys.
This will help determine what's happening when you PC freezes.

If you want to avoid all of this hassle, just remove you toolbars, or at the
very least "My SiteAdvisor"

#3 Mahou

Mahou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

Here's the screenshot you asked for; Posted Image
I don't know what you mean my "upload" for the eventviewer text, whenever I try to copy and paste it IE freezes, do I need to upload it to a download site?

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

Sorry for the late reply.

I would ask you to remove the yahoo toolbar and restart your computer.

Also you can delete temporary internet files by choosing Tools from the menu bar and select Delete Browsing history.

From there, click Delete All too clean up internet explorer.
That should do the trick.

If that doesn't I would ask you to search for the event viewer from the Start:Search box.

I'll show you how.

When you follow the first picture, you'll get a prompt asking you to continue after clicking on Event Viewer.
Click continue and you will be shown the event viewer in the next pic.

Then filter the logs by following the next pics.

I missed this Pic

Attached Files

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

Ackk!... go to your control panel, then to "Programs and Features". Uninstall the 'Ask toolbar' or 'My Web Search'!

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder that corresponds with either of these.

Edited by Jacee, 27 January 2008 - 12:31 AM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 Mahou

Mahou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

Thanks guys, I've done what you said Jacee, will that fix the issue? Also, off-topic, whose that in your avatar; it looks like a certain soldier of love from an anime I love.
RandomUser: I'll try what you've suggested depending on what Jacee replies as I do not want to remove the Yahoo toolbar unless necessary as it automatically tells me if I have mail, thanks!

#7 Mahou

Mahou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:23 AM

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a while so I think it's alright, right? I
ve done as you said RandomUser and have saved the new, filtered event log, what would you like me to do with it? As I've said, I cannot paste it here as whenever I try to IE freezes, what can I do? Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users