Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hiddenext/crypted Infected Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jhanzky

jhanzky

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

hi Bleeping Computer! :flowers: ,, so here's my problem.. i inserted my USB flash drive on my pc then my avira antivir started to catch this virus.. it said that it was in a hidden disguised extension ( HIDDENEXT/Crypted.... so i decided to reformat my flashdrive, but before that i copied some important files and paste on my documents, then after i reformat i thought the virus was gone.. with avira,, it keeps popping again and again.. it was annoying that it doesn't stop even thousand times i delete it,,avira just stop popping up the virus detection when i used x-ray pc and killed some unknow process ,, i just forgot the name of the process,, but, i remember i also stop lssas.exe ,bec. the process is coming from C:/Documents.. but almost of the other process are coming from C:/WINDOWS or C:/Program Files..

so i don't know if the virus is still on my pc.. eventhough avira stops detecting it bec. i've stop some unknown process.. could anyone help pls???

waiting for reply..

thx.. :trumpet: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Have your tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"?

If that does not help, try this:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
Please download Sysclean Package & save it to your desktop.
  • Create a new folder on drive "C:\" and rename it Sysclean - (C:\Sysclean).
  • Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
  • Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number)
  • Extract (unzip) the lptxxx.zip pattern file into the Sysclean folder where you put sysclean.com. (Click here for information on how to extract a file if your not sure how to do this. DO NOT scan yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with Sysclean as follows:
  • Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to start the scanning process.
  • Put a check mark on the "Automatically clean or delete infected files" option by clicking in the checkbox.
  • Click the Advanced >> button.
  • The scan options appear. Select the "Scan all local fixed drives".
  • Click the "Scan button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console.
  • It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
  • Another MS-DOS window appears containing the log file (sysclean.log) generated in the same folder where the scan is completed - C:\Sysclean.
  • To view the log, click the "View button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console. The Trend Micro Sysclean Package - Log window appears.
    • The Files Detected section shows the viruses that were detected by System Cleaner.
    • The Files Clean section shows the viruses that were cleaned.
    • The Clean Fail section shows the viruses that were not cleaned.
  • Exit when done, reboot normally and re-enable your anti-virus program.
Instructions with screenshots are here if you need them.

When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have access rights to scan some locations. You can also Use the "Run As" Command to Start a Program as an Administrator. Even when doing that, the scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 jhanzky

jhanzky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

well,,i guess it did well, ive downloaded all of what you recommended and did all what have you instructed,, it found some spywares and viruses,, thanks again,, bleeping computer is such a great help !! thnx.. your number 1 bleeping computer!! the best!!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

If there are no more problems or signs of infection, you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, be sure to read:
"Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
"How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
"Best Practices - Internet Safety for 2008".
"Hardening Windows Security - Part 1".
"Hardening Windows Security - Part 2".
"IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users