Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mystery Program Pinned To Startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hi all, dose anyone know what this program is on my start up,,,,,,, hzrikkgrzpt,,,, i have unchecked it but on restart its still there,,,, system spec's are
win xp home sp2
2gig ram
pentium 4ht 3.4Ghz
nvidia 256mg graphics
250 sata Hdd
thanks all
Figgis,,,, LUFC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

Looks like malware. have you updated and scanned PC with antivirus and spyware from safe mode?
can you give a full path to it?
Eg: C:\ windows.....

Edited by boopme, 22 January 2008 - 01:52 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 figgis41

figgis41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

yep its malware,,,, kids got it on messanger, could'nt get rid of it using superantispyware, spywaredoctor, spybot, and avast,,,,, the path led me no where so i had to reinstall the os,,,,, some thing in the emails,,,, avast picked it up but could not get rid of it,,,,,,, all sorted now after 6 hours of reinstalling all my wife's programs & xp updates,,,, kids eh,,, twice in 3 months,,,,,,, cant kill em & cant kill em,,lol
thanks for the help.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

Hi,

Re-installing was probably unnecessary. Why didn't you just give boopme the full path to the file, and maybe he could've helped you on from there...

Just a thought.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

To which I reply:

"But you can hold his freaking head under the durned water until he drowns!"

Seriously, if they can't be trusted, make some consequences for them.

For example, charge them for spyware/virus removal and let them earn the money by helping around the house.
And/or, cutoff the internet until it's fixed, or until they've learned their lesson.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 figgis41

figgis41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

hi all ,,, i needed to reinstall on that pc anyway as it was getting a bit slow & clutterd, every couple of years never hurts & all my software programs are free ones & everything else was backed up aswell,,,,,, some nice ideas there John,,,, i have 3 teenage daughters & 2 of them use there mothers pc & keep infecting it, the 3rd girl has just bought her own desktop pc, quite a good one aswell for 600 (about $1000) of her own cash & its amazing how its looked after when they have payed for it,,,, i think the lesson there make the other 2 buy there own and let them learn the hard way,,,,,,,, lol
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users