Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:29 PM
1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
*Gaming/General School Work
2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
*No bias, right now I own an AMD. But I want whats best for my system regardless of amd or intel.
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
*I have a CD Drive and DVD Drive.
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
*I have been reading for the past month but there is so much different input from people that I keep changing my decisions and have not been able to build my computer, so Im just gonna pick the parts and buy it tonite or tommorow.
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
I will run at default speeds but wouldnt mind messing with OC a little bit.
Thanks so much everyone for your input, this is my first time actually posting on this forum, but i have been a reader for a few months now and I know you guys have the knowledge to help me!!
Also What do you guys think of buying a better mobo that I can upgrade to 45nm chips and maybe buying a less expensive processor for now and upgrade the processor in the future?