Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I made a huge mistake

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 macmanjohn

macmanjohn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hello,

I've been attempting to remove adware from my computer and used hijack this and in doing so deleted a file that I shouldn't have.

Now when I start my computer, Windows loads but doesn't work properly. It seems to be frozen or at least so slow that I can't use any programs. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to restore it short of reinstalling Windows?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoRn

KoRn

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:52 PM

I would suggest doing a system restore, WIPES YOUR WHOLE HarDrive(press F10, well on my computer anyway, but will reset all settings, or you try going into your BIOS and reseting the configuration data

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

Scan another HJT log and post it in the HJT Log and Analysis forum.
Maybe it will tell us what was done and maybe it can be undone.

#4 bricat

bricat

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:35 AM

reopen hijackthis, click on CONFIG, the click on BACKUP then highlite the file you want to retrieve and click on RESTORE. this will put the file back where it removed it from.

Edited by bricat, 10 March 2005 - 07:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users