Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Desktop To Internet Via Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scubab

scubab

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

I just moved out of my house back into my parents' house, temporarily. Due to lack of space, I had to set up my desktop computer, which has WiFi, in the basement. It will pick up a 'very good' signal, yet it says the quality isn't sufficient enough to connect to the internet. I would like to connect on my PC to play WoW, which I can't do on my laptop due to poor hardware. My laptop gets a good signal and can connect from the basement. My question is how can I connect the laptop to the internet network and then open a wireless connection from my desktop to my laptop to connect to the internet with my desktop. I've read how to do so using an Ethernet cable, but currently all my cables are elsewhere : /
My laptop is running XP and my desktop is running Vista.

Thanks a lot in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scubab

scubab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

Ah, just got my question answered elsewhere and it was a nope. Guess I'll have to try to do some rearranging to get the desk upstairs : /

You may lock/delete this topic :thumbsup:

Edited by scubab, 22 January 2008 - 12:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users