Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Notebook Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KIDRoach

KIDRoach

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

Alright, so I went to my friends' place just now, helping him fixing some software problem with his Windows XP. Anyway, I saw that his screen is reddish. It's difficult to describe. I mean, the color in his laptop's monitor is distorted. When something is supposed to be black in color, the laptop displays it as blood red. When it's supposed to be blue [Like the one in Blue Screen of Death :thumbsup: ], it goes to something like pink. Then, when it's supposed to be white, it displays it as blue-ish.

Is there anything to do to help him? I don't think he would want to change the monitor nor his laptop though :flowers:

Also, something which might helps, it goes back to its original color after being turned on for some time. Somehow, slowly, it goes back to normal. Well, he bought it in Singapore, which was a tropical country, and he is suspecting that since it's winter here, after being turned on for some time, the monitor is "warmed up" and then can it only work properly. Is this really true? :trumpet:
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

What happens when he connects it to an external monitor?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 KIDRoach

KIDRoach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hasn't tried that yet.
He didn't have any external monitor and it didn't occur to me to do that. :D Will do it if any external monitor found :D
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users