Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jkhfg.dll & Jkhfg.exe?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 FRISC0

FRISC0

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

Keep getting warnings just before windows boots up about a file called jkhfg.dll and then after pushing ok I get another one talking about jkhfg.exe?

The 2nd notice states:
"could not load or run 'C:/windows/system32/jkhfg.exe' specified in the registry."

Is this some kind of virus?
I ran spybot the other day and found loads of spyware and recently got rid of what I'd found.

Can anyone provide fast help?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

Welcome to BC FRISCO,

These sound like leftover registry keys. The files themselves are gone, which is good. Now the leftover registry keys need to be removed. Once that is done, those alerts will go away.

What operating system are you using? XP, VISTA . . . ? We need to provide directions that will work with your system.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:18 AM

Hey :flowers: thanks for helping!
I'm on XP 2002 :thumbsup:

EDIT:
for some reason my computer is running REALLY slow. Like; I'll load up Firefox and it usually takes about 20 seconds and it's now taking roughly 1min 30 seconds. Same with every other programme. It'll show up on processes but wont load for ages. Also every time i load up my computer Msn messenger manages to delete itself. My AVG free also said that it got infected with a virus yesterday and removed it so i re-installed it again and it's gone again.
(also i noticed on msconfig that I had 'MsnMsgr.exe' and msnmsgr.exe' don't know if that makes a differenece.. or if its just the old one and windows live.)
one other thing is that AVG doesn't load at startup and its on the msconfig to load at startup.

My cpu usage on task manager seems to be REALLY high. Like 90 - 80 even when nothing is loading or doing anything.

What's going on exactly?

EDIT2: Okay I think i got rid of most of it, i ran RegRun and it deleted it all!

though I'd like to post you the info on my pc like others have and have someone check over it just in case there's something that's been left behind/needs clearing up/virus etcetc. as I like to keep my pc fast and clean

thanks!

Edited by FRISC0, 22 January 2008 - 07:39 AM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,581 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

Determining whether a file is malware or a legitimate process sometimes depends on the location (path) it is running from. One of the ways that malware tries to hide is to give itself the same name as a critical system file. However, it then places itself in a different location on your computer. A file's properties may give a clue to identifying it. Right-click on the file, Properties and examine the General and Version tabs.

You can download and use Proces Explorer, AnVir Task Manager Free or System Explorer to investigate all running processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems. These tools will show the process CPU usage, a description and its path location. If you right-click on the file in question and select properties, you will see more details about the file.

Note: Process Explorer shows two panes by default: the upper pane is always a process list and the bottom pane either shows the list of DLLs loaded into the process selected in the upper pane, or the list of operating system resource handles (files, Registry keys, synchronization objects) the process has open. In the menu at the top select View > Lower Pane View to change between DLLs and Handles.

Anytime you come across a suspicious file which you cannot find any information, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results of the file analysis.

I'm not so sure your system is clean, especially since your complaining its still slow.

Please follow the the instructions for using Vundofix in BC's self-help tutorial: "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection".

After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt. Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
  • Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

my computer seems to be working fine now. but thanks anyways quietman7 :thumbsup:!

amazing forum!

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,581 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

If there are no more problems or signs of infection, should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, be sure to read:
"Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
"How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
"Best Practices - Internet Safety for 2008".
"Hardening Windows Security - Part 1".
"Hardening Windows Security - Part 2".
"IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings".

#7 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

Thankyou :D I will definatly do a restore point and read the articles!!

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,581 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:25 AM

Your welcome. :thumbsup:

#9 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

Hey, I decided it would be best to carry out some of the steps you mentioned.. so I did these:
(I didn't so a FULL scan because it took well over 2 hours to do what I had aleady done and it had already searched the windows folder for what it was looking for)
Also when i went onto SAFE MODE when it loaded up I had two accounts. One was Administrator and My account. but when I usually boot up, all I see is my account and the guest account. Recently when I've been using my computer i get allot of 'not enough access privileges to change settings' and things like that.
Hope you can help me with that also :thumbsup:
Thanks

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free

* Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
* Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
* Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
* Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
o Close browsers before scanning.
o Scan for tracking cookies.
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
* Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
* Do not run a scan just yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

* Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
* Click the Empty Selected button.
* If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
* If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
* Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:

* Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
* On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
* On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
* After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
* To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
* Click Close to exit the program.

and here is the log results:

http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 01/26/2008 at 12:34 PM

Application Version : 3.9.1008

Core Rules Database Version : 3389
Trace Rules Database Version: 1383

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:29:36

Memory items scanned : 183
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6709
Registry threats detected : 25
File items scanned : 44929
File threats detected : 6

Adware.Vundo Variant
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{27220D71-A2F8-4832-AA09-57FE4885BDBA}
HKCR\CLSID\{27220D71-A2F8-4832-AA09-57FE4885BDBA}
HKCR\CLSID\{27220D71-A2F8-4832-AA09-57FE4885BDBA}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{27220D71-A2F8-4832-AA09-57FE4885BDBA}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JKHFG.DLL
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{3B441742-BCE1-4928-BA43-66827A638810}
HKCR\CLSID\{3B441742-BCE1-4928-BA43-66827A638810}
HKCR\CLSID\{3B441742-BCE1-4928-BA43-66827A638810}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{3B441742-BCE1-4928-BA43-66827A638810}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{8CD034DD-E9AD-47D3-8689-51886345799C}
HKCR\CLSID\{8CD034DD-E9AD-47D3-8689-51886345799C}
HKCR\CLSID\{8CD034DD-E9AD-47D3-8689-51886345799C}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{8CD034DD-E9AD-47D3-8689-51886345799C}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XXYWXVT.DLL
HKCR\CLSID\{8CD034DD-E9AD-47D3-8689-51886345799C}

Trojan.WinFixer
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{AE9E3D69-39B9-43EB-935A-DFC6D853EB69}
HKCR\CLSID\{AE9E3D69-39B9-43EB-935A-DFC6D853EB69}
HKCR\CLSID\{AE9E3D69-39B9-43EB-935A-DFC6D853EB69}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{AE9E3D69-39B9-43EB-935A-DFC6D853EB69}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PMNLK.DLL
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{CACC2436-0F0D-4EBF-B354-2D5FB31DF019}
HKCR\CLSID\{CACC2436-0F0D-4EBF-B354-2D5FB31DF019}
HKCR\CLSID\{CACC2436-0F0D-4EBF-B354-2D5FB31DF019}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{CACC2436-0F0D-4EBF-B354-2D5FB31DF019}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel

Trojan.Avpe64/32
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\avpe32.sys
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\avpe64.sys
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\avpe32.sys
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\avpe64.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\klgcptini.dat
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stt82.ini

BearShare File Sharing Client
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BEARSHARE\BEARSHARE.EXE

Edited by FRISC0, 26 January 2008 - 08:13 AM.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,581 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

Did you run Vundofix? It will create a log at C:\vundofix.txt. Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.

#11 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

I just ran SuperAntiSpyware again while I was out so it could fully complete the scan.

I'm running vundofix then im going to reboot and post the txt files :thumbsup:

Edited by FRISC0, 27 January 2008 - 08:21 AM.

#12 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

Here are both programme logs, and i did a full scan on SuperAntiSpyware this time :thumbsup:

---------------------
VundoFix Logs:
---------------------

VundoFix V6.7.7

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.4.2.3
Old versions of java are exploitable and should be removed.

Java version is 1.5.0.11

Scan started at 13:14:29 27/01/2008

Listing files found while scanning....

No infected files were found.

---------------------
SuperAntiSpyware Logs:
---------------------

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 01/27/2008 at 12:49 PM

Application Version : 3.9.1008

Core Rules Database Version : 3389
Trace Rules Database Version: 1383

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:43:50

Memory items scanned : 367
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6688
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 113338
File threats detected : 27

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.JAMIE\Cookies\owner@atdmt[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.habbogroup[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.habbohotel.co[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@winfixer[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\owner@ads.habbogroup[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\owner@ads.habbohotel.co[2].txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\owner@winfixer[2].txt

Unclassified.Unknown Origin/System
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\TROJAN GUARDER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMPROFILE\DESKTOP\TROJAN GUARDER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DDAYY.DLL

Trojan.Downloader-ClickSpring/NDrv
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{DE26ADE1-E7AF-415B-AA1F-B0F1DBFF538C}\RP1035\A0136857.DLL

Adware.OuterInfo-Installer
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{DE26ADE1-E7AF-415B-AA1F-B0F1DBFF538C}\RP1035\A0136858.EXE

Trojan.Vundo/Variant-Installer/A
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{DE26ADE1-E7AF-415B-AA1F-B0F1DBFF538C}\RP1040\A0137161.RBF

Adware.Vundo Variant
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DDAYX.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JKHFD.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JKHFF.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MLLJJ.DLL

Malware.WinAntiSpyware-Installer
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRVKURR.DLL

Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GFHKJ.INI
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GFHKJ.INI2
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KLNMP.INI2

Trojan.WinFixer
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PMKHE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PMNNM.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VTURQ.DLL

Trojan.PSA3D
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PS.A3D

Trojan.QZ
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QZ.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QZ.SYS

Edited by FRISC0, 27 January 2008 - 12:44 PM.

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,581 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. That's probably how you came to be infected in the first place. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)6 Update 4...allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Plattform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "English".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
Perform an Online Virus Scan like BitDefender.
(These require Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)

#14 FRISC0

FRISC0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

I just scanned with BitDefender (online scaner).
I saved the report but I pasted it and it was all over the place.
How else can I show it to you?

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,581 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

Just let me know if there were any files it could not delete and where they were located at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users