Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent Help Needed!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 montethrower

montethrower

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:03 AM

tonight i made the biggest mistake of my life by letting someone who i at first trusted and thought was helping me and then he took control of my computer via freeloop and f**ked everything. i was asking him to help me put a theme on my ipod and then he deleted system restore and a bunch of other things all quickly and left. i can access system restore but when it asks you to pick an earlier date you cant click on them. also the internet connection is screwed up, the internet is there, and im typing this using my nintendo wii running off a router which still works, but when you try to open the internet, it brings you up to dial-up, asking for a username and password. to reiterate, we obviously don't have dial up. Everything is much larger, and the resolution makes everything look pixelated. Last but not least he removed everything from my ipod touch, and it won't connect to itunes, due to an 'unknown error.' Lastly, on the main screen of my ipod there are no buttons. He stripped it. Any help of any kind, pretaining ti either my ipod or my computer would be greatly appreciated. i'm just a kid that made a bad mistake and a lapse in judgement. please help.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Manshead

Manshead

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:01 AM

I don't think you can get your system restore back, but some one may know how. Check your recycle bin see if he deleted anything to that. You can restore them from that.
Handle every situation like a real man.
If you cant eat it or drink it.
Walk Away, it Aint worth the hassle.

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

To remove the dial up connection go to IE >tools>internet options>connections>and deleate the dial up connection. Then go to your network connections through control panel >click on view network connections in the right pane and you will see local area connection, right click and go to properties>click on tccpip and check properties to see the configuration.
Your resolution trouble might be he uninstalled your video driver, go to device manager>and under display adapters see if it has a yellow !
Sorry I cant help with your ipod touch you may have to reset it if possible.
MCP
MSDST

#4 montethrower

montethrower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

thank you guys, any other options?

#5 Monty007