Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've Never Seen This One Before.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

I went to do a google search for shear strength curve and this screen came up. It would do it with anything that I typed in, but if I clicked on the tab for this site for instance it would open normally. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:06 AM

I haven't. On the other hand, I block cookies from google except when I'm using gmail. Have you tried deleting your google cookies to see if this resolves the problem?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

I'm in the process of running a scan which will take care of most of those. I was more interested to find out if anyone has ever seen this to confirm that it's legitimate.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

I've cleared the cookies and history and still get the message if I use anything other that the tabbed browsing feature with Ff.

SuperAntiSpyware only found three adware tracking cookies.

#5 duffyy

duffyy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

Hi

I have receieved this message on a number of occasions, both at work and on my home machines.

To me, it appears that it could be a problem from the ISP, the works firewall system, or Google.

From my experience, it normally resloves itself after a few hours. So far, I have not seen this screen for about 2 months.

Brian

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:29 AM

I have a dialup connection and have recently changed my ISP that uses a web accelerator. On a whim I disabled it and the problem went away, I have reactivated it and still don't have the problem. I don't know if this was the problem or not, but since it's the only change that I've made in a while I'm guessing that this is the culprit. If this repeats itself I will try this first. I did a google search for the Google Error and found that automated requests from the ISP can produce this message and that it is temporary 30-60 minutes. At least I know that it is real and not some sort of phishing trip.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,571 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

There is some discussion at the Google Group with reference to a web accelerator.

More info here and here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thank you for the information quietman, I had found similar information last night. I have been using google for three years now and this didn't happen until I switched dial up ISPs and had the web accelerator, and with what I've read I'm betting that this was the cause of my problem. As I said, it hasn't repeated yet, and when it does I will try disabling the accelerator first and see what effect this has with it.

Thanks for the response.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,571 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Your welcome. :thumbsup:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

dc3, There is also a Topic in BC about Google's CAPTCHA page.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105214/ie6/
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

Thanks TMack, I saw the CAPTCHA in the error page and was able to continue after typing in the information. I'm more interested in what in my system triggered the response. It has never happened before and hasn't repeated since last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users