Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blade Kuroda

Blade Kuroda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

Every time I try to open up a folder, go into My computer, the control panel, or pretty much anything else that isn't an application, I get this error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error! C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the support team for further information.

Then after hitting [ok] my task bar and desktop blink out for a few seconds before coming back. One time I did manage to get into my documents but then it got an the unexpected error and must close down message.

I've scanned with Ad-Aware and McAfee and nothing came up with either. I've also ran an sfc scan and that didn't do anything either. I've even tried to restore the system to how it was a day or so ago (before this all started up). And still nothing.

Any advice on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

This error can be caused by addons such as installed toolbars in your internet browser, I would try to disable addons one at a time to try and isolate the problem. The link has some more info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users