Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hajduk

Hajduk

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hello bleepers! I found this forum through Google; I was looking for help in ridding my computer of a very tenacious nuisance, the current Files-Secure SmitFraud that displays a phony warning of "unknown trojan" to try to con you into downloading Files-Secure. Along with this nuisance popup, several other problems have appeared on the computer. I just submitted a HiJack This log, along with some covering information about the problem(s) and what I did before coming to this forum (acting on information from elsewhere on the internet, that turned out to be incomplete and inadequate). Formerly I got very good help from a forum that unfortunately vanished suddenly from cyberspace; I hope that BleepingComputer will fill the gap.

Hajduk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

Hi Hajduk, :thumbsup: to BC!
Hopefully you will find all the help and solutions to your problems that you need right here. :flowers:

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

I don't think you have to worry about BC vanishing from the Internet, and I am sure you will get help of the highest quality here.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Hajduk

Hajduk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

Dear Bleepers,

On the fourth of February, I submitted two reports (Combo-Fix and Hijack This); it is not the fifteenth and I still have had no response. How do I get the attention of the geeks?

Stephen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users