Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp 3000 Computer. Only $100,000.00!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

I have an old book regarding computers, "The Social Impact of Computers", circa 1977. In it there is the following description and photo:

Hewlett-Packard 3000. The system shown is a small, general-purpose computer system, designed for concurrent multilanguage processing. It will handle local batch jobs and interactive terminals at the same time. The minimum system configuration consists of a CPU and console, one magnetic tape drive, and one magnetic disk drive. Other input/output devices can be added, including tape and disk drives, line printers, and terminals. The basic memory size is 64K, but it can be expanded to 128K. The system can be programmed in BASIC, FORTRAN, and COBOL and includes editing and sorting programs and a scientific library. Purchase price for the CPU is approximately $100,000 and additional peripheral equipment can add between $25,000 and $200,000 to the total cost of the system.

Posted Image

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

What? No CRT or keyboard? Forget it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users