Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Mechanic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michael49er

michael49er

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hi I've been using system mech. and its time to renew, I was wondering if any one has another one that is better?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Are you looking for paid programs or freeware?

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

I have System Mech 6 Pro, I renew it but I don't let it touch my registry. I go through and custom set everything to make sure it stays away from the registry. Every time it touches my registry, it screws up the computer. Including doing the defrag compacting. Otherwise it works good at finding the slow stuff and I use it sometimes to get back stuff I deleted on accident. I don't know of any free programs that do as much as it does. But you can look HERE, it's a list of free programs in a forum on this site. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 michael49er

michael49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hi thank you reply #1 I would like to know about other ones like system mech. I don't mind paying for it, I'm just leery after
reading about some that give false problems.
reply #2 thank you I have been using system mech. for awhile the only thing I noticed was once in awhile it seems it changes
my email settings ?

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

I used to have System Mechanic but there is a lot of freeware available that will do the things that System Mechanic does but they're all separate programs. So are you willing to pay for the convenience of having an all in one product? If so, Syatem Mech is a good product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users