Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdating Emails

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 king gee

king gee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

hi! pls is there any way i can make an email seem as if it has been sent earlier than the day i sent it. 4 e.g, if i sent today, is there any i can make appear as if it was sent yestrday(with date)?
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,703 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

Why on earth would you want to do that? Your e-mail likely would be missed, particularly by those who configure their e-mail to show the newest first.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 king gee

king gee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

Why on earth would you want to do that?

hmn! u sound like a nigerian. u answer question with questions.well, its just a thought. only a thought. i might need it someday. can u help now?
there is something about the future, it changes anytime you look at it because you looked at it. And that changes everything else.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,703 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

As far as I know the only way an e-mail shows a date prior to the time it was written is if the computer clock is messed up, and if that is messed up then other programs also get messed up and some might not even run properly or at all. I really don't think you want to mess with that. If you DID get it to work, many recipients would think:

1) There's something wrong with the sender's computer.
or
2) This message is spam, and I won't look at it. I'm just going to delete it.

That is if they SAW the message, which I don't guarantee.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

As I know we can not change the timestamp in email because it was generated by mail server.

Posted Image

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

You cannot change the E-mail full header information and the time stamps found there, even if you change your own computer's time.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

This topic is locked because of king gee's rather rude comment. I apologize to those that tried to help, but I will not tolerate bigoted statements towards our members.

This member has been temporarily suspended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users