Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Up For Spamblockerutility.com

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suzanb

suzanb

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

When I attempt to go to Gap.com or other shopping websites, I get a message in my browser stating cookie failure. Computer is running slow and I get pop ups for spamblockerutility.com everytime I log onto a website. Please help, I'm afraid the security of my computer has been compromised.

Thanks,
Suzan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hi Suzan, :thumbsup: to BC!
What antivirus/antispyware do you currently run on your computer? Is it up to date?
You seem to have some adware and possibly other malware so I wouldn't buy anything online at the moment.

Do you have popups or other malware infecting your computer? If so, Start Here!

Edited by Tomo2, 20 January 2008 - 04:13 PM.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 suzanb

suzanb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

Hi Tomo2,

Thanks for your response and quickly. It will be difficult for me to respond as quickly and efficiently but I'll give it my best. The answer to your ? is McAfee but I have been unable to access it. I am following your directions and running the diagnostic programs. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Suzan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users