Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 craneop

craneop

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hey, I'm having a problem with my comp rebooting.I uninstalled just about every program on comp,and reinstalled,one at a time to find what program was causing the problems. Comp was fine until i reinstalled folding. Then i get blue screen errors and comp reboots. Most errors refer to a driver. For some reason after installing folding my lexmark printer driver fails. Or the printer spooler.I have reinstalled printer driver and all is well until i run folding.i get alot of scm error messages 1001,7000,7001,7005,7023,7036,23 When i get to boot back into acct i'm told that comp has recovered from serious error.When i send error report it takes me to microsoft and i'm told that error report was corrupted.I have run all anti virus\trojan\spyware programs i have with nothing identified. Just a note about two months ago i ran trojan hunter and found i was infected with rcdropper,popcap loader. I quarantined files and didn't have any problems so i deleted them. since then i havent detected anything.Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks joemc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

Sorry, i'm running wins xp. thanks

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Are you talking about the folding at home program? If so, you might want to explore this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126526/cannot-connect-to-internetwinsock-provider-catalog-problem/

Sections of that thread do discuss various problems that users have faced and some of the solutions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

ok, thanks orange blossom i will look there. thanks

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

...and you might try updating the FAH program with the most current version.

I recall having some problems with it earlier when I was installing a considerably older version on my system.

Louis

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

I suggest you remove/delete all F@H programs for now and do some scans looking for other problems on your system there.
I don't believe the F@H programs are causing these problems for you. At least I've never heard of such before.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#7 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Thanks koanyoral, I have deleted folding. Are there any specific programs that i should run ? I have run my anti virus (Shield deluxe) trojan hunter,ad aware,spybot, and a2squared. Also microsoft's malicious software removal tool. Nothing showed up on any of these programs. I did notice in regedit that popcap was listed (zuma) but, i'm pretty sure this was a game that my daughter downloaded. I also reinstalled my printer driver. Everything seems to be ok again. Thanks joe mc

#8 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

hamluis,orange blossom, I believe that the program i was running was the latest update but i will check. I will research that thread and see if i can find anything there. thanks for all the help. joe mc P.S> i would sure like it get this back up. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users