Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Adapters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:40 AM

Hello Again.

I went into the Device Manager and checked the Network Adapters and saw that there were four that were not working. When I checked on the details, It said: " this device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (code 31)" After checking each adapter they all had the same information as follows: Date of install: 6/21/06, driver version: 6.0.6000.16386, Folder or file C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\tunnel.sys provider: microsoft corp.
File Vers: 6.0.6.000.16501 (vista ?dr.070606-1500) ? = I could not make out what the (letter or symbol) was in front of the d after vista.

The four network adapters are:
6TO4
isatap.{215574E5-56DA-46E4-840D-7036F028C53A}
isatap.{52B703B9-CF3B-44A6-BDB8-97F9483AE1B8}
isatap.{920201E9-AD8A-45FA-A46B-36D19125EDD4}

Wat are these used for? How do I get them to work? Should they be working?

The adapters that are working are:
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
Microsoft Loopback Adapter

I know nothing about these things. So all the help you can give me Will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Here's a description of what these things do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISATAP

At work we uninstall them in Device Manager and then reboot - most times they don't come back (so they are no longer a problem). It involves the use of IPv6 over IPv4 networks - so the following "fixes" may help if you don't need IPv6
1) Disable the IP Helper service in services.msc
2) Disable IPv6 in each of the network connections' Properties
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

I forgot to mention I use a dial-up internet connection and have AOL as my ISP. Would that make any difference in why they are not working properly? Or are there other reasons? I also have an internal 56k modem. Would that have an affect on the adapters?

If you need any other information just let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users