Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak Easyshare Connections

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Delaine

Delaine

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

I hope this is in the right forum or if you don't mind move me to the correct forum.

I had some problems with my connections a few weeks ago, router. Anyways now I stay connected fine but, when I go to my easyshare program to order prints online it says I have to connect to the internet first. I'm thinking I'm already connected but, it appears something must be wrong here. The same thing happened when I went to the Adobe it said I wasn't connected but, I continue to browse all over the internet. I'm sure this is something simple but, for me it's an albatross around my neck.

Thanks in advance for any help to make this work. :thumbsup:

Delaine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Did you try uninstalling ES...then installing the most current version (or reinstalling the version that you have)?

Louis

#3 Delaine

Delaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

No because I can't find my cd. :thumbsup:

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:57 PM

The Kodak Easy Share software is free. The latest version can be installed from HERE
JC

#5 Delaine

Delaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

Let me ask a dumb question. If I uninstall EasyShare will I loose my pics that are already on the program?

Thanks,

Delaine

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

No, you shouldn't lose anything. But, its always nice to have a backup of all of your pictures in case something happens to your computer. I back mine up to DVD. I just checked my software, and it has Check for Updates... option under Help. Try this first before uninstalling and downloading the software. If you're nervous about doing a reinstall, I would be happy to do it on my computer first to test. --I just made a backup a week ago.

Let us know.
JC

#7 Delaine

Delaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

Well it turned out to be one of several things. I haven't decided which on yet but, I uninstalled AVG, AVIRA, Adaware, Zone alarm. I guess now I will try to reinstall a couple and see how it turns out.

Thanks

Delaine

#8 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

Well, you're right, it could have been the mix of software. One virus protection program is all you need. Having more than one, will cause more issues, and they may actually counteract each other. However, I would guess that EasyShare program may have been being blocked by ZoneAlarm. You would have to configure that software to allow Kodak software to use the internet connection.

Anyways, glad it is resolved now. Just remember to stick with one of the virus protection programs.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users