Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Problems


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joeman003

Joeman003

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hi Everyone,
I recently installed some software that I just don't need (for a GPS device) and when I tried to uninstall it, there were still components left on my computer. I tried to do a system restore and it said that the restore was incomplete. I tried to do it with an earlier point and it said that was incomplete too. I got rid of all of the software I don't want, but the bigger issue now is, how do I get my system restore to start working again! Please help!

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

  • Members
  • 295 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

You could try restoring the .reg entries for system restore.
Go to this site and scroll down to #278 Enable system restore. This will be a .reg file so save it to your desktop. Right click on it to merge the file into your registry. Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
X

#3 Joeman003

Joeman003
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

There is still the "restoration incomplete" problem even after i enabled it using the tweak. This happened about 6 months ago and someone replied and it fixed for a while, but all of a sudden it's back to not working and I can't find a topic from that long ago. I don't know what to do!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users