Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Annoying Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xtinctss

xtinctss

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

I am getting very annoyed with vista here. I hope some one can help me out.

System:

Acer L100 small form factor desktop, unmodified. (additional 1 gig of memory was installed when I bought the machine.)
Logitech MX 900 bluetooth mouse/cordless elite bluetooth keyboard and reciever
Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor on DVI output
Samsung SyncMaster 174v monitor on VGA output. (Soon o be an additional F-20 Acer in this spot.)
one 320 gig IDE external HHD via USB
D-Link 7 prt USB2.0 hub.
Logitech 6 speaker surround sound.
HP photosmart 7550 printer running on the HP 5550 driver (No "correct" driver is avalible from HP)
HP Scanjet 4370 (drivers loaded but still does not function correctly )
Vista Home premium was installed when I got the machine, I upgraded to Vista Ultimate a ew months back. (It was free!)

Thats the whole system. I don't care, at this point, about the scanner. Maybe in another post! My biggest problems are with the mouse.

Problem #1:

SOMETIMES when the computer goes into sleep mode, (monitors power off when left alone), I lose the mouse pointer on my DVI monitor. Its there but I can't see it. It is visable on the VGA monitor. The only way to correct this so far has been to reboot. Any Ideas on how to fix this? I am running Display Fusion to manage my two monitors.

Problem #2:

I have several mice that I have tried to plug into the front USB ports. I get the installing driver screen but it always fails to install. It claims it can not find a driver. One of these mice came with the computer. When looking in the device manager, the now unkown device is listed not under the mouse "folder" but in the folder with the printer. Any ideas? I may just pull this BT crap off the machine. I never did like it and even with XP pro it caused trouble.

Please someone help me!!!

Edited by xtinctss, 19 January 2008 - 05:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:26 AM

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect the HP printer software. Using an incorrect driver can result in issues like you describe, although I am surprised that the mouse shows up as a printer! :huh:

I suggest removing all of the HP software entirely and rebooting the system to see how the meeces behave. I'm unsure of how the BT software could relate to it, but if it's anything like the AT&T/Yahoo DSL software here on this side of the pond - it's more trouble than it's worth. We have customers call AT&T and demand a "manual network setup" in order to avoid installing the software.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 xtinctss

xtinctss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

Well, Before I could read your reply........The silly mouse started working! I don't know what to do. Could I have a Ghost in my machine? Anyway, thanks for your time. Maybe I'll work on the scanner or 6to4 issue next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users