Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting rid of microsoft windows alert

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fljohnboy

fljohnboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

I would like to say hello to all. I'm John and this is my first time on here. My question is I keep getting a pop up message:

MICROSOFT WINDOWS ALERT
SPYWARE DETECTED ON YOUR PC. REMOVE IT NOW.
OK CANCEL

This message will pop up every 20 minutes or so. If you click on OK it takes you somewhere to buy SPYWARE software. I run a SPYBOT and an ADAWARE and the AOL thing. How do I stop this message from popping up every 20 minutes or so?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:57 PM

You should post a HijackThis! log to the correct forum, since this is neither comming from MS or your operating system, but is the result of an infestation. Read the following before you send a log to our volunteer team of experts, who can help you get rid of the problem, and perhaps others, as well (be sure to preface it with a description of the problem you are having):

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 04 March 2005 - 11:58 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users