Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need For Speed Pro Street

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Logix69

Logix69

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

I Am Currently Upgrading My System But Slowly I Would Like To Be Able To Play Need For Speed Pro Street Without Any Problems, At The Moment It's All Jerky, So Below I Have Included What I Need To Run It, What I have, What I Am Getting

Current System:

AMD Athlon xp 2600+ (barton chip) 1.91Ghz
Asus A7N8X-LA Mother Board
1GB DDR PC 2700 166mhz
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256DDR AGP
Windows XP Home (dont Get On With Vista)

THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS PROCESSOR AND BOARD WAS THAT IT WAS ON OFFER ANY THE BLOKE IN THE SHOP SAID THAT IT WOULD RUN ALL THE CURRENT GAMES AS LONG AS I HAVE 1GB OR 2GB OF RAM TO GO WITH IT I ORDERED THE PROCESSOR AND BOARD BUT NOT THE RAM YET GONNA HAVE A LOOK ON NET.

New System:

AMD Athlon 5000 X2 (dual-core processor) 2.6GHz (I WAS TOLD AS IT IS DUAL CORE THAT MEANS THAT IT REALLY RUNS AT 5.2GHz) IS THAT RIGHT?
ECS GeForce6100SM-M motherboard
2GB DDR2 PC 6400 800Mhz
Onboard Nvidia® Geforce 6100GS graphics supporting up to 256MB (as the Mother Board does not surport AGP so i will also have to buy a graphics card but later.

Game Spec Below

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
===========================
Windows XP and VISTA with latest service pack installed
Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 2.8GHz or higher (3.0GHz if running Windows Vista)
128Mb DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 or above (AGP and PCIe only) using a
supported chipset
512MB RAM (1GB if running Windows Vista)
DirectX compatible sound card
7.6 GB of HD space required to install game
8X or faster DVD Drive
DirectX 9.0c June 2007 edition (included)

Edited by Logix69, 19 January 2008 - 11:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

Everything should be good except your graphics. You'll be able to run the game, but probably be stuck on low settings, and it might be a bit jerky.

Also, whoever told you a dual core is like having the speed added together was wrong, unless the application you're using supports multi-thread/core. Most applications don't have this support yet, but programmers are starting to make them capable of it. You wouldn't need to worry about this though, because even if its only running at 2.6ghz (which is actually a pretty good frequency for a dual core) theres way more to it then just that. Still, dual cores are better because each core will do different applications at one time, so if your listening to music while playing a game, it really helps.http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html That link is a very good benchmark to show you how good processors are. You can compare two different ones too.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Logix69

Logix69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

cheers for the site link found it quite help full.

what do you think about this:

2x2GB DDR2

will this memory be ok for the below item??? and why does the ram slots have 2 different colours on some boards does this mean anything?

Motherboard Bundle

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

double post, read below

Edited by Sterling14, 20 January 2008 - 10:26 AM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:25 AM

That ram will work with that motherboard. Also, you put 2X2gb sticks, and the website only says 2x1gb sticks. Also, have you decided on a graphics card yet? That Tomshardware website I sent in my previous post also has benchmarks for graphics card.

The ram slots are different colors because if you have two sticks of ram, you put each stick into matching colors, not the slots next to each other. This way they run in dual channel mode making it a bit faster. That board only looks like it has two slots anyway so you don't have to worry about it.

Edited by Sterling14, 20 January 2008 - 10:26 AM.

#6 jsparky77

jsparky77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

If you want a good graphics chip at a budget i would look at a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS.
But if you are willing to pay a bit more i would go for a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT or a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX

#7 Logix69

Logix69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

how is a £200 graphics card Cheap????????? it may be for some people but not for me i wouldn't really spend more than £100 on a card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users