Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gamer's Computer Desk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vinnyd

vinnyd

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

Hello:
This may be off topic. Sorry. Any recommendations on a good computer desk/stand ergonomically set up for gaming?TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Anything that sits in front of this:
http://www.superwarehouse.com/Mitsubishi
I've seen one of these and they are awesome
Seriously, a comfortable chair that's easy on the back and a desk that holds everything you have
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 19 January 2008 - 12:03 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

Check the dimensions needed for your keyboard and mouse next to each other. Most gaming keyboards are rather large and coupled with a mouse to the left or right may not fit on the keyboard shelf. You will also want to check for dimensions for your monitor if your using a CRT (standard monitor not an LCD, or plasma) some of them are quite large especially a 22" and if you plan to use 2 monitors you will want a desk with a large desktop. I have 2 models from Officedepot 1 is the Empire desk the other is the citadel or student corner desk. (I work for Ameriwood so I get them cheap) Neither is good for gaming, the keyboard trays are small, and if you want a large monitor you will need an LCD and 2 monitors is out of the question. They are rather handsome though. I had a model from Bush that was a corner desk without a hutch that I had 2 19" lcd's and a Logitech gaming keyboard and I had room for the mouse too. I no longer have the desk or the system but corner desks offer allot of desk area with minimal room intrusion.

Edit: As mentioned above a good quality chair is very important. Playing MMORPG games for 8+ hours a stretch makes your back sore if you have a crappy chair. Best option is a huge monitor and a recliner with a lapboard for the keyboard and mouse.

Edit: 2 Regarding the chair you will want the chair to be comfortable while being able to reach your keyboard and mouse. Some large chairs with arm rest will keep your arms and a weird angle to the keyboard when your using the arm rest. Find your desk then find a chair that will sit you comfortably in front of the keyboard. Lumbar support is nice but a pillow will do the trick too. You defiantly will want arm rests it will take the strain off your wrist and keep your arms level with the keyboard. This will prevent carple tunnel.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 23 January 2008 - 12:40 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users