Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Antivirus 2004

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 I hate spyware!

I hate spyware!

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:52 PM

I like Norton AV 2004

Script blocking
Scans webpages before you go on it.

And you can pause your full system virus scan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Barnaby

Barnaby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:01 AM

The only thing is that when I close Norton AV I get a pop up ad that directs me to the Cool Search site with the search already set on spyware.

This seems to be linked to the fact that my browser is being hijacked by About:blank.

Any advice|?

:thumbsup:

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:09 AM

Barnaby, about: blank his hard to get rid of but it can be done. Strongly suggest that you read this thread and then this one.

There are different versions of about: blank out there and a HijackThis log will help us get an idea of what you need to do to recover from it. As far as I know, no AV is going to help with it at this point. Please post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analyses forum.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users