Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Major Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 saved

saved

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Here is my latest HiJack this Log I can't do anything with my IE so I am using Firefox in the meantime.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:53:14 PM, on 1/18/2008
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.espn.go.com/
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\System32\ssqno.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1f7b135f] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\pvgogeeg.dll",b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-57989841-1682526488-1708537768-1003\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe (User '?')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Browser Adjustment - {44627E97-789B-40d4-B5C2-58BD171129A1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\dd\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper20073151.dll
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} - http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {D1548A26-B8F6-4E86-AE74-E7062CCC2E2A} (igLoader Content on Demand) - http://www.miniclip.com/igloader/igloader.CAB
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.com/games/popcaploader_v6.cab
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: COM+ Service - {3BF77FF3-E054-4728-ADD0-B21EF95EECE1} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

--
End of file - 3492 bytes

Edited by saved, 18 January 2008 - 08:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi,

We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1 for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.

Click here to get Service Pack 1

Warning: You must only update to Service Pack 1, and not Service Pack 2. Doing this before your computer is clean can cause Windows to become unstable. We will update to SP2 after the log is clean.

After you have updated your computer to SP1, please restart your computer and post a new HJT log.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 saved

saved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

Miekiemoes,
I am sorry that I have been so long in responding. The computer was purchased from ebay about three years ago and the jerk that sold it to me put bad copy of XP professional. As soon as Windows Genuine Advantage got ahold of it I couldn't load a thing on it. Thus, I resorted to having the hard drive reformatted and a real XP Home edition put on the computer. Sorry for the inconvience. I am sure I will be talking to you soon. :thumbsup:

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

and a real XP Home edition put on the computer

That was the right step to take. :thumbsup:

I hope you installed an Antivirus again? Because otherwise nothing will prevent malware. And if I were you, I would go for another Antivirus instead of the Yahoo Antivirus, because this one is really bad in detection and removal.

Look in my signature below under Antivirus for the ones I recommend. Only install 1 !

Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.

Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again!
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 saved

saved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, I went out and bought Norton. Hope that will do the trick.

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

Good. :blink:

But keep in mind, you don't get infected automatically, so even if you have the best protection present, you can still get infected. This is when people choose to visit bad sites/illegal sites or download software via P2P. In most cases, malware is present and lurking there. A scanner may prevent the download and install of malware, but not in all cases, this is when there's a new variant and scanners are not detecting it yet.
So most important note, be careful where you surf and what you download. :thumbsup:

#7 saved

saved
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

I don't venture out very far when it comes to surfing. I stay with what I am familiar. However my son, is alot more adventuous and I have to reel him in now and then. This was the worst I had seen and I let him know too. I am sure I will have to reel him in again eventually. Thanks again for your prompt answer. :thumbsup:

Joe

#8 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

This was the worst I had seen and I let him know too

Unfortunately that's nowadays malware and it will get nastier everytime. In anyway, let your son read my prevention page, so he'll see what the risks are and how to prevent this :blink:

And you're most welcome :thumbsup:

#9 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users