Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Synaptics Touchpad Went Crazy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Synaptics Touchpad went crazy ...since the day I bought a new adaptor... but I dont know if it IS something that wud anyway happen...

My pointer starts to pause and to shake, or not respond at all. I uninstalled the drivers, and could do some work, but today stopped working.

I ve uninstalled/installed device again, put the latest drivers again, rebooted in time with AntiViruses and Firewalls offline, BUT still I have a pproblem.

First time I experienced it when my old adaptor died and bought a new one.

Please help me coz I am driving crazy :thumbsup:

I dont think that is a "real" problem; I mean hardware problem coz sometimes seems to work and then suddenly stops.

Please help me!

Thanx for support!

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

Just so we know, what adapter are you referring to?
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 18 January 2008 - 08:35 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

ACER adaptor for my notebook :flowers:

The previous died and I replaced it :thumbsup:

Could it be an adaptor problem?

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

I wouldn't think it's the power adapter. When you go to Device Manger expand the +'s and look for yellow exclamation points. Also checkout the Event Viewer for anything that happens when it gives you trouble
http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

OK i will try event viewer ASAP, Checked already DM and everything seems fine with touchpad!

#6 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

OK I ve opened Viewer but I dont know how to figure the problem lol

I am on tab System but nothing is said bout Syn Touchpad

#7 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

help anyone? :thumbsup:

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

When you double-click on any error that's reported, it should give you a more detailed explanation
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#9 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

When you double-click on any error that's reported, it should give you a more detailed explanation
Mark

Nothing there. :thumbsup:

I had an idea the other day, and from the taskmanager I closed the intellipoint's process (ipoint.exe) --- Its the driver for my mouce, Optical Comfort 3000 or smt like this --- and for 24 hours my pad works fine.

I went to device manager, but NO conflicts.

Now what i am confused!!!!!!!! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users