Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Email Won't Send

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sarahabutair

sarahabutair

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

I am using a btinternet.com (BT Yahoo) email address with outlook 2007. I have used it for ages with no problems, then suddenly a few days ago I could receive, but not send email. The messages would appear to have sent, would show in my sent items folder, but they didn't actually get sent.

I tried to change a few settings, which didn't work, and have now put it back as before, but now the messages don't even leave my outbox. When I click send/receive, it just stays on sending for ages, but I get no error messages.

I connect to the internet through TalkTalk broadband, and the settings I was using were POP3 - mail.btinternet.com SMTP - smtp.talktalk.net.

Please help, this is driving me crazy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:05 AM

it might have been helpful if this thread in the HJT section
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126471/cant-open-some-websites-hjt-log-please-help/
had been linked TO this thread as it is probably relevent to your issues so one needs to await THAT threads replies first
:thumbsup:

Edited by ruby1, 19 January 2008 - 06:15 AM.

#3 sarahabutair

sarahabutair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:30 AM

Hi,

My emails were still sending fine after the problems with my internet started so I wasn't really sure that the problems were linked. I'll wait until I get a HJT reply, but any help on the correct settings for my email would be appreciated in the meantime.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:59 AM

I STRONGLY suggest you change NOTHING until you have had a reply from and been cleaned on the log thread ; also,as you are probably infected you are very unwise to be using Outlook (or any computer based e mailing program )until you know your computer is clean and clear from any infection else any email you send could potentially infect the recipient's machine :thumbsup:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:11 AM

I would suggest that you avoid making ANY changes until the HJT log is reviewed as this may invalidate the data it contains. Members should consider this thread closed until the original poster tells us the log is reviewed and the computer is malware-free.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 sarahabutair

sarahabutair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

Had it confirmed and my computer is clean. Also after much playing with my email settings, my email seems to be working. If anyone needs the settings I am now using, please feel free to pm me.

Thanks to all who replied.

Edited by sarahabutair, 29 January 2008 - 08:31 AM.

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

this link and review of settings might also assist anyone viewing http://www.btyahoo.com/mailtutorial/stepbystep/oe_setup :flowers:

glad to know you ARE now 'clean' too :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users