Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 spookyman15

spookyman15

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

Grinler said me to write my problem here. I have a problem with adobe flash player. when i open a video on internet explorer or firefox, the window closes because of flash player. i reinstalled it many times but didnt change. We think it isnt about malware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

Can you post the exact error message? Have you tried viewing the video in a different program?

#3 spookyman15

spookyman15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:12 AM

it says there had a problem with Flash9e.ocx and internet explorer/mozilla firefox have to shut down. i tried with internet explorer and firefox

Edited by spookyman15, 19 January 2008 - 04:13 AM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

First I would try uninstalling Flash then download it again to the Desktop and install in Safemode If that doesn't help, try version 8. I also read where corrupt sound files can do this. You might try reinstalling the sound drivers
Mark
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

Hello spookyman15,

When you uninstall the Flash Player, you need to use a special uninstallation program that you can download from Adobe.

"How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control":

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=2

After that, when you do install the latest version of the Flash Player, keep in mind that you may have to install it twice if you use more than one browser (e.g., Internet Explorer and Firefox).

"Version test for Adobe Flash Player" -- scroll about halfway down the page to the table titled "Current Flash Player versions":

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_15507

Also see:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

#6 spookyman15

spookyman15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

i did what you have said but didnt matter. still problem goes on :S :thumbsup: :trumpet: :flowers:

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Just a thought. If this PC has old software such as Macromedia Flash /Player. You should remove any of those first before installing Adobe.

Edited by boopme, 19 January 2008 - 10:01 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 spookyman15

spookyman15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:42 AM

can u give a dowload link of macromedia flash player as full if it is possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users