Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AdAware

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wilmasue

wilmasue

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:20 PM

Everytime I start AdAware I get a message my definitations are 15 days old. I do an update and whenI shut it down and restart I get the same message again.
Also on the install part Step 4 Section 2 I only have the first three options, the 4th one (Include alternate data stream details in log file) isn't there. What's going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_yjsk2100_*

Guest_yjsk2100_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

I can answer you first question because that happened to me. What I had to do to get rid of the message about my definitions being 15 days old (in my case it was 16 days) was to open Ad-aware SE. Change your preferences for being reminded to check for updates. Click the little gear icon in the upper right. Change days to longer interval.

The second question someone else will have to help you there. Hope this helps you... :thumbsup:

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:01 PM

Open Ad-aware and click on Options (the "gear" icon at the top).
Click the "General" button.
Under "Definitions", un-check "Prompt to update outdated definitions".
If you do this, you won't be prompted to check for updates (but don't forget to do it).
Or you can do as yjsk2100 suggested, and increase the number of days before being prompted to update.

Click on the "Advanced" button.
Under "Logfile Detail Level", you should have the first 3 entries.
Below "Logfile Detail Level", you should have "Alternate Data Streams".
Both of those entries under there, should be unchecked.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 wilmasue

wilmasue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:40 PM

Thanks,
I really feel dumb. I have been having so many problems so long I expect everything to be major. "Can't see the forrest for the trees."
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

#5 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 05 March 2005 - 06:40 PM

It seems to be working normally today - I have just succeeded in updating for the first time in 17 days.

Luci2a :thumbsup:

#6 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:57 AM

Hmmm...
Went to check today (I do not have automatic reminders set at present) and got new message that my defs are 18 days old, despite updating yesterday. Rechecked after updating, and it now says no new updates.

Just seen this on the lavasoft support forum http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=60161
I guess one of their support folks will respond soon.

Luci2a

Edited by luci2a, 06 March 2005 - 04:16 AM.

#7 Lobos

Lobos

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:58 AM

Hi wilmasue

what build do you have in Adaware

do you have build 1.05 if you don't i don't think you can update it through the update screen. there is an exe file that you can replace the adaware executable file which will automatically bring it up to build 1.05 You seem to be having the same symptoms i was having until i realized that i didn't have build 1.05 . lol it should tell you at the bottom right habd corner whaen you open ad-aware

if it doesn't say 1.05 build then follow the instructions here and replace the exe file and update you update reminder should disapear

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4363.html

hope this helps

Edited by Lobos, 06 March 2005 - 05:27 AM.

<span style='color:blue'>Ad-Aware SE</span> | Spybot S&D 1.4

For extra protection try spyware blaster

<span style='color:blue'>If you use IE I suggest using these two programs</span> MVPHosts & IE-SPYAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users