Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doublespy

doublespy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:00 PM

Hello To All,

I am trying to put a computer together and wanted some feedback on a few things. The first is on this case and fan to see if this would be best or if another would be better for around the same price. Here is the link;

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...=ULT31556%20KIT

Second, I would any help with getting other compnents. Currently the only thing I have is a Seagate 200GB HD and a NEC 3520A black DVD/CD-RW drive. I am highly unfamilar with what I need for memory. I want to get the AMD Athlon 64 3500 (939 pin). Not sure of a good brand for a reasonable price is out there for this or the memory or for a sound card. I hopefully have everthing but if not, let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I've been using Monarchcomputer.com for some of this but I don't know what is compatiable or optimal at this point.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:46 PM

Now thats a very specalsied case nice to look at purty purty, lots of bells and whistles.
BUT a case is just a case the right motherboard is the heart and soul of a system.

Now the only board I found that will take advantage of the bells and whistles is this one. A bit pricey. http://bizrate.lycos.com/marketplace/produ...-245630245.html
This board will support your cpu and has 7 pci slots. There are probably others but that was the only one I found in a quick search.

Good luck and hope this helped some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users