Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Shared Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ccucu

Ccucu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:38 AM

Hello. Recently I have encountered several problems on my network...

I have 2 PCs one with Windows XP Professional SP2 32 bits and one with Windows Vistra Ultimate 64 bits both legit.
I have 2 network cards on the XP PC and I use Internet connection sharing to get both PCs online. The connections work ok, but I have encountered these problems recently:

1. Computers can't see each other on network. Ping Works, firewall is disabled on both, they are on the same workgroup. What can be wrong?

2. I also have a web server. This morning I could access the server, now from both PCs I can't access the server at all... Ping doesn't go through, server is up and running well(accessed it from 2 other connections, 1 from same ISP and one from a net Cafe and also tried with web proxy). I don't think I did anything to block my access to the server. Any suggestions?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users