Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating Iso Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:50 AM

Hi,

I have a data DVD-ROM I'd like to convert to an ISO file on my computer. It contains about 4.5GB of data. I've tried with both PowerISO and Magic ISO but both product 19.5MB files which don't work. I tried creating a uif with MagicISO, but it produced a useless 2.6MB file.

Please can some suggest how I can create the desired ISO file of my DVD?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:43 AM

I use ISO recorder from Alex Feinman. It integrates directly into Windows so that all you need to do is right-click on the drive with the DVD or CD in it and click the "create image" option.

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

Hi Amazing Andrew,

Thanks for the advice, but when I tried it, it didn't work. I have now managed to do it using Roxio Media Creator 9. I didn't realise Roxio could do that, but it's the only program that worked.

Thanks again,
Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users