Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Live Mail And Mailwasher Pro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scouse6

scouse6

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:37 AM

I'm trying out windows live mail,which I quite like. The problem that I have is, I check my mail with Mailwasher Pro.When I click Process Mail it downloads to
Outlook.Not windows live.
If I do not open mail washer and select get mail, in Live Mail, it downloads my mail. Which defeats the object of Mail washer.

Any advice please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:17 AM

Mailwasher has a setting to specify what your email client is. It examines your computer and finds your default email client and uses that unless you tell it differently - so I'd suggest changing your default email client to Live mail.

You can do this in Internet Explorer by going to Tools...Internet Options...Programs tab
IE6 will allow you to change it there
IE7 may have that in XP, but in Vista it has a button labeled Set Programs where you can set the default program
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:56 AM

Thanks usasma, I do have windows live mail set use default in internet options.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

I'm at work now and don't have access to the wife's Mailwasher (I use PopPeeper myself) - but there's a setting/option in Mailwasher that will let you browse for the email client. Maybe this link will help: http://www.firetrust.com/en/support/mailwa...-do-i-get-error
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 scouse6

scouse6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Thank you Sir,
Spot on. Everything running smoothly.
Appreciate your help. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic