Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Printer And Software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 not a geek

not a geek

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

I am running Winmdows Vista Home Premium operating system. I instlled a Kodak Printer EasyShare AllinOne. It woould not function as a document scanner so after hours on tch support I uninstalled it and returned it for a new Lexmark X6500. Well I had problems with that intallation messing with other PDF virtual printers on my system that I need for certain programs to run. More tech support talk with various vendors didn't resolve the problem. So I did a system retore...which made things worse. Then I undid the system restore. Now I have the old Kodak program on my desktop and in my program files but it does not appear in my Printer list nor in my ADD Remove programs list. I tried to reinstall it but still exactly the same problem as above. I downlaoded a clean up utility from the Kodak web site, but it still presists in my progams files and on the desktop. I can't find an uninstll utitity on the kodak tree and I no longer have the disk. How can I get rid of it?

And if you don't mind one more question...when I ran a purchased program called Registry Fix to clen up my computer..it found 1022 registry enties that say file does not exist at expected location...but the program could not repair ANY of these entries. Do you know of something that will clean that up. I read about CCLEANER, Zsoft Uninstaller, Unlocker above and have seen other programs such as Total Uninstall and Error Expert...but which one is best and do I need two different ones. I'm afraid to use Windows System Recoverybecause I think the System Restore created some of these problems to begin with. And by the way I had a data transfer done by a paid professional when I first bought this new computer(4 months old) which could be some of the reason so many entries are pointing to unexisting locations because it was transferred from an XP system.

I'm not a geek...so please use plain language with any reply. Please and Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users