Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascript Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pedrwilliams

pedrwilliams

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

I have problems when trying to access some pages which use javascript. In particular I need to get share prices from FT.com using their free "Portfolio" service. This problem first appeared when I was using Internet Explorer. The FT.com Portfolio login page apparently loaded properly but after login a "loading" message and symbol appeared and remeined (normal operation consists of this message and symbol appearing for a short time followed by the data). I later tried using Mozilla Firefox for the same purpose. At first all was well when using Firefox (strangely using Firefox cured the problem with Internet Explorer).Later I used Firefox as my default browser, rarely using Internet Explorer. Then the same problem appeared with Firefox but in addition to the data being not accessible part of the page on FT.com with the login section now does not appear. Now neither Internet Explorer nor Firefox can be used for my purpose. I have tried using registry cleaners ("Toniarts Easy clean" and "free Window registry repair")and CCleaner but this does not cure the problem . The test on Java .com indicates that my java runtime environment is running correctly. I can restore operation for a time by using System Restore .
I would like to know what is happening so that perhaps I can get a permanent cure Thanks to anyone who can offer advice!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Try clearing your cache and cookies. And check the options for JS in both browsers.
In Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Content -> Javascript make sure it is enabled and has the permissions to perform certain things inside the browser window.
In IE: Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Internet if it is at a custom level open the settings and make sure scripting is enabled. If its not at a custom level just reset to default.

If none of that works open Internet Properties again and go to the advanced tab and click reset. this will reset everything in IE to default except your Homepage. (IE7 only)

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users