Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop.ini

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vitico66

vitico66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:34 AM

im a newbie but eager to learn,;why do i find a desktop.ini file everywhere i explore in my computer???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

Desktop.ini files allow you to customize how a particular folder will look in my computer or windows explorer. Normally they just look like those little yellow folders, but if that folder contains a desktop.ini file, you customize the way the icon looks and how to interacts with certain windows functions.

Normally you would not see desktop.ini files, but since you probably have your computer set to show hidden files, you are now seeing them.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

Oh.... That is why I now see desktop.ini in my pictures, my documents, etc.

Edited by scarlett, 04 August 2004 - 10:55 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users