Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Activesync W/ Pocket Pc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hi, I'm trying to setup a Bluetooth ActiveSync connection with my iPAQ Pocket PC.

i've been following this guide:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2149

Everything worked perfectly yesterday, BUT today:
when i try connecting, i get:

"Service Discovery was unsuccessful
The requested service is not running on this device. Please make sure the service is enabled on the device, or select another one to continue".
The PDA can see the computer, but it just can't "find the service"

My computer can view the PPC & its contents no problem via the XTND BlueManager software (which is what i'm using).

I'm positive I've followed the steps in the guide correctly up to this point.

Also, right now I can't connect via USb either. And all the COM ports disappeared in ActiveSync, except for COM1.

So can anyone help me w/ this? I'm pretty stumped. I didn't change / install anything on my comp from yesterday.

thxs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users