Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Networking Xp To Vista.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cateddy

cateddy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

I posted this before I read all the information that I needed to make a post. I thought that I would repost the same message and maybe someone will have the information that I need to make this connection. Thanks for any help. Chuck

Hello all. I am wondering if anyone is into networking. I have a friend that wants to network between window xp and the new vista. I tried to get him setup with a network crossover cable to do a peer to peer setup. I was having a bunch of trouble. I did a lot of reading and found that a lot of other people are having the same problem. One thing I think the problem is that the vista computer is password protected. I think this is causing most of my problems. I have read that you can network between xp and vista but not with windows or Windows ME. So far I am out of luck. If anyone has any information about this that might help me, any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Chuck or cateddy
16 Jan 20

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wassim

Wassim

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

Try stoping the Vista firewall or any firewall u have on the vista pc.
"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users