Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Start Itunes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jw12

jw12

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hello, I am trying to get ITunes to start up on my computer but only get an hour glass, then the icon changes to a program file, then stops. I tried to reinstall the program but, install.exe keeps ruining in the background and will not stop. The installation seems to be finished but on restart I have the same problem.
I have researched other forums and tried several as and mail ware searches but nothing shows up.
Help me Please!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jw12

jw12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

I just tried an older version of itunes which worked but my ipod mini is not supported by the software and was instructed to update the software to the newer version which puts me back to square one with itunes not working!
NOW WHAT???? :thumbsup:

#3 lunel_celt

lunel_celt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:20 AM

I had a similar issue with itunes. (I am running xp sp2, btw) Turns I had a corrupt quicktime file. Apparently itunes & quicktime run hand in hand. It took me a couple of tries but I ultimately I had to go in and remove every trace of quicktime and reinstall both programs.

#4 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:45 AM

Before you do everything, dont forget to backup your library.

I had a problem with iTunes too that started getting on my nerves, try Unintall/Install etc :-S

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users