Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 march269

march269

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:27 AM

I did something really stupid ummmmm...... twice, I have two mother boardsd and I fried something in both of them with the same piece of ram.

Ok the first one is the Asus P4B-MX and I put in a 3rd piece and smelled something burning and now I get processor error beeps, I guess its the processor but i suppose maybe someone other than me has a idea

Ok the second one is a Asus A7A266 and i put in a 3rd piece of ram except this time i had to ddr and put in one sdram and it fried something cause it smelled of hardware cooking so i took it out and I found out they were different voltages and you cant do that and yeah so I dont know what I fried

I guess i need to know what I need to replace and I dont need to know how completely stupid and idiotic I am but that is pretty much how I learned how to do what i do with computers. I would really appreciate the help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,715 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:35 AM

Its going to be hard for us to tell you what you fried. Look at the motherboard closely. You should be able to see something that looks like burnt silicon

#3 march269

march269
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:39 AM

Ive looked them up and down, i cant find anything, Today I tried switching a bunch of stuff around to see what I could elminate as a possible problem, I got down to the powersupply and the motherboard itself and turns out the powersupplys ok so its gotta be the mobo, but i dont see why my brand new one wont work two bad motherboards.......eitherbad luck or maybe its the processor, Do you think it would be worth buying a new processor to see or doing something else?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,715 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

Its possible its the processor. I really dont want to advise yo to get nother processor and then you waste money.

#5 march269

march269
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:52 AM

Well its only gonna be about 50 for the processor wich is alot for me but I can manage so I will try that, oh yeah the numlock key wont come on and I cant turn it on and off....is that a hint of processor? I just hope i did not fry my ram

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,715 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:13 PM

No i never heard of a processor causing that probplem with the keyboard, but it could just be locking up the computer which can cause it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users