Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ultimate Cleaner 2007

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CHRIS2012

CHRIS2012

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hello, My computer here at work is infected. My IE consistently goes to ultimate cleaner 2007 website upon opening. Constantly crashes. I have a problem with shutting off my computer it stays on the "logging off" screen until I maually shut the system down.

I have ran "smitfraudexe" and it appeared to help but hasn't completely done the job, I believe I have alot more problems than it can fix.
When I tried to d/l Ad ware and spybot from your getting started topic. I have tried several times to d/l Ad ware from the links you have provided and IE crashes everytime. I was able to d/l Spybot off the link you provided but when I try to install it the install program crashes immediately.

My boot up time is extremely slow and I am constantly directed to the Ultimate Cleaner 2007 website.

This is my work computer and I fear getting in trouble by telling the Administrator even though I was not doing anything wrong on this computer. Like surfing pron or anything like that.

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

This was most likely downloaded onto your PC by other malware.
Look Here for more info about Ultimate Cleaner 2007 and how to remove it.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Tomo2, 16 January 2008 - 07:48 PM.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users