Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ethernet Port Not Found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_danbrownlow_*

Guest_danbrownlow_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

First off, sorry, didn't know where this post belongs.. could be drivers.. the hardware.. or the OS. Sorry admins :huh:

Anyway, my friend has just managed to get her internet sorted so obviously, she wants to get online. Although, the problem is, while in the process of setting up, the program has reported that it cannot find the Ethernet port. I told her to go to the device manager, and this reports they have a SiS191 Ethernet controller which Vista is reporting has no problems. I tried to find information on this SiS191 Controller using google but couldn't really find anything worthwhile.

My main thought was that maybe the drivers need updating, but was wondering if anyone could think of other reasons why the program would report that it couldn't find the NIC?

Also, the ISP is Virgin, might be useful information :D

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

You might want to double-check that the program Vista compatible.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users