Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti Virus And Fire Wall Turning Itself Off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 edinburgh

edinburgh

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

Hi, i was having problems with my internet, and crashing, ran spyware doctor and it cleaned a trojan and a keylogger, then ran nod 32, which showed up nothing. Computer was still not 100%, was a bit slow.

Then Nod 32 came up with an error saying the firewall and anti virus was turned off, so i rebooted, and it was the same. I ran a system restore, but no difference.

So i uninstalled Nod 32 ( was a trial anyway ) and installed Kapersky ( trial) but it made me uninstall Spyware Doctor as it said they conflicted ( it was due to run out anyway). But, the same thing is happening, Kapersky said could not initialise properly and the firewall wont start..

Has any one any experiences of this or advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

You're probably still infected and should post a Hijack This log.

#3 edinburgh

edinburgh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

You're probably still infected and should post a Hijack This log.

No offense mate, but looking through your previous posts, you have'nt helped anyone. Could someone else have a look or a thought?

Edited by edinburgh, 16 January 2008 - 11:07 AM.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

Do you know what trojan Spyware Doctor found and got rid of? If you have that information, please post that in your next reply. A number of trojans are VERY dangerous and high security risks. A keylogger is also dangerous. These record every keystroke you make and can compromise your passwords etc. These things rarely come alone. One of the things that malware does is to cause anti-malware programs to malfunction. I agree that the computer is still infected.

Below I will post the information for the HJT preparation guide and directions for posting an HJT log.

NOTE: If quietman7 or one of our other malware experts (HJT team-member, a moderator, or administrator) provide other directions before you have followed mine, please follow his or her directions instead of mine. They know a lot more than I do.

I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. I realize that you may have done some of those steps, but it won't hurt to repeat them. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it including what you wrote in your first post, what worked and didn't work, and how your computer has responded and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users